Child care can be costly, the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) can help you pay for it!
The Illinois Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) makes it possible for families and guardians who qualify to receive financial help. The program pays for child care costs so you can work, attend training, or school.
Signing Up Is As Simple As:
CCAP Eligibility Calculator
Use the chart below to see if you qualify for child care assistance.
Find Your Local CCR&R
Contact your local CCR&R agency to assist with finding quality child care.
Find Child Care Near You
Find an Early Learning Program of your choice with our Provider Search.
Start Your Application
Download, read through, and complete the CCAP application.
Assistance May Be Available If You:
- Have a child (or children) under the age of 13, and
- Are working or looking for work and meet income requirements, or
- Receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and are in education, training, or other work activity approved by your caseworker, or
- Are a teen parent (under age 20) in high school, an alternative high school, or GED program, or
- Are attending education or training activities including ESL, high school equivalence, GED, vocational training, and 2- and 4-year college degree programs.
Families who fall within the income categories for their family size and meet eligibility requirements can receive help.
All families pay a portion of the cost of child care as a co-payment. The amount of the family’s co-payment is based on income and family size. You can be approved for full-time, part-time, or before and after school care.
CCR&R agencies across the state are funded by IDHS to assist families with finding quality child care. In addition, they help families with the process and paperwork to determine if they are eligible to receive assistance in paying for child care. Find your local CCR&R.
Explore Your Options:
How to Apply for CCAP
Find out if you're eligible to lower the cost of confidence-boosting, skill building child care.
Affordable Child Care
Give your child a great future! Find reliable resources to help your family with child care costs.
Follow the Illinois CCAP Facebook page to stay up to date on CCAP policy updates and changes.