Some families may need help finding a quality early care and education program or navigating the resources available in their region.
Child care resource and referral services are available in all Illinois communities through a local Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) agency. In addition to helping find a quality program, the CCR&R can help families in need navigate available state assistance programs. Visit the link below to find your local CCR&R Agency.
Who We Are
- CCR&R’s are made up of 16 state-funded, community-based organizations that serve every county in Illinois. Each has its own name, location and serves a certain group of counties, but all 16 are part of a larger system.
- The Illinois Network of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (INCCRRA) serves as the system’s hub providing stakeholders a centralized point when communication and coordination is needed statewide.
What We Do
- CCR&R’s connect and coordinate programs and services for young children and their families.
- CCR&R’s manage the application and information for families to receive child care assistance (CCAP) allowing them to work and/or go to school while their children have access to quality early care and education.
- CCR&R’s enhance the professional development of individual child care practitioners, improve program quality, and improve the quality of care given to children.
- CCR&R agencies are hubs for the coordination of diverse child care and early learning activities covering each of the 102 counties in Illinois.
- CCR&R agencies are permanent, local adaptable structures through which public and private groups can work together to enhance the accessibility, improve the quality, and increase the availability of affordable child care.
- 111,323 families received help paying for child care through CCAP
- 198,394 children benefitted from receiving CCAP assistance
- 8,680 families received assistance locating child care for 10,943 children
- 19,350 child care providers received quality training
Data reported for fiscal year 2020